Wednesday 1 May 2013

Module 3 Activity 4 Reflection on Spreadsheets for administrative purposes

So this was interesting and, yes, informative. Usually, when I do up my record book, I will do it in word in a table format. I will copy the marks to excel and let it do the calculation because that was the only thing I ever really bothered with in Excel. I knew what it was for but it did not appeal much to me. However, while doing this activity, I realized that I have been missing a lot. Well no more!

I,
Nelcia Mc Guire
Hereby  earnestly vow,
That as of this day forward,
As long as there is a computer available,
I will be using Excel to do all of my class records!!
I have learnt to do a variety of formulas in this activity, such as calculating term's work percentage, students' competencies etc.  I have learnt a lot doing this activity and I am very proud of myself. As I was doing the activity, I kept reading "for advanced users only". Now, even though I don't have much experience with the steps required, I did not let that deter me. I discovered two errors in the formulas that I copied - a colon where a comma should be and a missing equal sign. I could not figure out why I wasn't getting the desired outcome, but I kept at it until I figured it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment