Tuesday 30 April 2013

Module 3 Activity 3 Reflection on The word processor as a learning resource

This activity was very fun and informative. I scanned through the lessons and activities at the secondary level, but I made sure to pay close attention to those at the primary level - that's the level I teach. I have saved a few of those files that I can use  / modify for my own teaching process.

I am still of the opinion though that Office applications do not adequately support the needs of the teaching and learning process as I did most, if not all, of the work. Students had little to no input in the procedure. 

 Office is however, very useful as I allow my grade one students to do electronic forms in word sometimes. I have decided to let them type passages for the spelling / dictation class so they can see their errors and correct them using spell / grammar check. 

When I introduced synonyms with my class,  I let the use the Office thesaurus. This is something i aim to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment