Tuesday 21 May 2013

Module 3 Activity 9 reflection on Evaluating web-hosted information

This activity was based on four criterias used to evaluate websites. It mainly focused on how to evaluate each site using each  criterias listed.
The websites required some reading and evaluation  to assess  the purpose, credibility, accuracy and bias in a website.
Prior to this lesson, I did not think twice about checking for any other criteria but accuracy. I would usually cross reference more than one websites on the information I found, especially if it was for educating purposes. now I am better informed and I especially like the credibility bit.
From this exercise, I have learnt to better recognized the purpose of each criteria used in evaluating each site, and is now better able to cretique a websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment